WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
PROGRAMMING – HARMONIX
What We Do
As part of Epic, Harmonix is working to create and enable all types of interactive music experiences in Unreal Engine, Fortnite and beyond.
What You’ll Do
Our ideal candidate will have a deep well of knowledge concerning game development, and also bring a passion for music and creative empowerment for both players and developers alike.
In this role, you will
- Be responsible for the overall success of your team; play a strong role in improving overall team velocity and build health
- Mentor and coach a team of engineers, making everyone around you better
- Be a primary hub for communication and information that other disciplines can come to for guidance
- Promote efficient and timely delivery of core game systems, and speak up when the team is over or under-scoped
- Distill high-level feature requests into meaningful, actionable work-items, and delegate to the team effectively
- Ensure the technical approach being proposed for a given feature satisfies both the surface-level and deeper engineering-specific requirements
- Propose architecture and lead the vision for different game systems needed to deliver features, participate in writing code when necessary
What we’re looking for
- Experience developing games professionally, and shipping AAA titles
- Experience leading a team of gameplay engineers on shipped AAA titles
- A keen analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong C++ skills and the ability to code and architect game systems and tools
- Well versed in games and the ability to articulate what is strong/weak about the design of existing games (an interest in online games is preferred)
- Console experience
- Performance profiling and optimization experience
- Experience working on a live service game
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
We pay 100% for benefits for both employees and dependents and offer coverage for supplemental medical, dental, vision, critical illness, telemedicine, Life and AD&D, long term disability insurance as well as weekly indemnity (short term disability) and a retirement savings plan with a competitive employer match. In addition to the EAP (employee assistance program), we also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy .
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found .