Riot Sydney is looking for an experienced Lead Game Producer to join the Sydney-based VALORANT team.
Partnering with the LA Headquarters, Riot Sydney is a powerhouse of talent and experts in global development. Our team works on VALORANT, League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics, alongside exciting R&D and Tech projects. Riot Games players are a diverse group from different backgrounds, and we want to see that reflected in the people who make our games, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment. We believe that the Player Experience comes first and if you agree we want to hear from you.
This role will be officially titled Senior Manager, Game Production. This is a full time position, on-site in Sydney.
Managers of Production lead teams, initiatives and products from conception through launch and operation inside of the gaming space. They create and align teams to product vision, have a deep understanding of player needs, competitors and market conditions, and are able to balance scope, quality and time to predictably deliver at a high-quality bar for players.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!).
As a Senior Manager, Game Production on the Sydney VALORANT team you will help Riot deliver a first in class in-game e-sports experience to our players.
You will ensure a smooth co-development effort between Sydney-based teams and the head studio in Los Angeles. You will keep the players’ experience in mind as you track progress, deliver content/features, and organize priorities and goals. You will work with designers and engineers to provide genre-defining experiences to our players.
- Directly manage and grow team level producers craft and capabilities
- Accountable for the delivery of the team’s feature work
- Drive strategic work alignment between area and project objectives
- Create and drive area (multiple teams) work systems and support broad improvements
- Provide essential product feedback and insight to the team and leadership
- Accountable for the evolution of the Sydney hub production craft
- The team has a predictable and measurable capacity to work through
- Ensure team health, culture, and efficiency
- Maintain a healthy Co-development distributed environment
- 8+ years experience in software/game development
- 4+ years in a leadership position, working directly on the production of a game
- 4+ years of direct people management experience
- Experience leading teams through feature development (planning, execution, delivery, post-release support)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and frameworks
- Experience in creating metrics and data driven improvements loops
- Agile certifications concerning scaling Scrum and Kanban methodology
- Proven ability to work using established prioritization methods
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players’ experiences, this is the role for you!
At Riot we strongly believe in work / life balance, and we encourage that with our open paid time off policy, paid parental leave (for both primary and secondary carers) and flexible work schedules to fit your lifestyle.
We also believe that work should be fun, we have a LAN gaming room, the latest consoles, a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community, and all the snacks you would ever need to power through your day (even healthy snacks!).
And that’s not all we offer, there’s also:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Stipend
- Wellbeing Reimbursement
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning and Development opportunities
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner’s Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.