Requisition Number : 180303
Can this position be remote? : Yes
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve.
At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences.
EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FC Soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC .
As a Senior World Builder, you will bring your deep knowledge of level and mission design to an exciting new title. You will report directly to the Creative Director.
- Support the game vision as set by the Creative Director
- Define level design guidelines and best practices
- Lead the higher level layout of the playable spaces and establish detailed goals for yourself and the team
- Craft engaging playable spaces where players can play and socialize
- Plan and implement mission content and events
- Inspire creativity across the design team and your peers
- Work with other leadership within Design to support gameplay and guide experience goals
- Work with artists to refine and create the visual style of the world
- Provide and receive critique in a constructive and efficient manner
- 6+ years experience shipping AAA projects as a Senior World Builder or Level Designer with experience delivering immersive worlds with a focus on action-oriented gameplay
- White box and represent your gameplay visions, with a deep understanding of gameplay goals, visual design, and pushing the boundaries of architecture
- Experience using a range of game world production content tools for level editing and white boxing, such as Unreal Engine, Frostbite, Unity, Maya and 3DS Max
- Self-assess risk, time, and scope
- Outstanding collaboration skills, driving towards the best possible outcomes
- A functional understanding of American Football
Connect your future to ours. Inspire. Dream. Play.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting.
Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento) :
º $131,600 – $213,300
New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo) :
º $131,600 – $213,300
Jersey City, NJ :
º $154,800 – $213,300
Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs) :
º $131,600 – $179,600
Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane) :
º $131,600 – $195,200
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical / dental / vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees.
Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us.
We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life.
We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more.
Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.