- Job Title – Junior QA Tester – PC Console games
- Reports Into – QA Lead
- Location – Bangalore / Hybrid
A Little Bit about Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 900 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
What’s In It For You?
- Flexible working hours – we trust you to choose how and when you work best
- Profit sharing scheme – we win, you win
- Private medical cover
- Life Assurance – for long term peace of mind
- On site gym – take care of yourself
- Relocation support – available
- Quarterly Team Building days – we’ve done Paintballing, Go Karting & even Robot Wars
- Pitch and make your own games on Creative Wednesdays!
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As a Junior QA Tester for our PC Console games you’ll be testing games, finding and documenting bugs, and making sure issues are highlighted within an acceptable time frame.
Your Team Mates
Our QA team has a remarkable eye for detail. They’re a resourceful bunch who can pick out ways to track a single deep-rooted flaw and pull it right out. And they’re self-sufficient, often independent when there’s a need to fix issues directly.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Work as a member of the team assigned to a project for testing specific video game titles
- Testing all our games to find issues in them before the release
- Identify and produce high quality bug reports including: a detailed description, accurate reproduction steps and severity rating, etc.
- Documenting the issues into a bug database and assigning them to the relevant member of the development team as well as working with them to ensure the problem is solved.
- Working with Designers, Artists, and Programmers to improve the overall experience by suggesting improvements and changes
Your Hard Skills
- Strong critical thinking – ability to identify issues and bugs in games
- Excellent (English) communication skills – ability to describe identified issues in clear and concise manner
- A methodical, scientific and analytical mindset
- Knowledge of the PC, Console and Mobile Platforms in terms of hardware and software
- Passion for games
- Strong proficiency in usage of spreadsheets, MS office and PC & internet
- Ability to work effectively with other team-members
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in project requirements and instructions, and to work as per shift-timings applicable to project
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: – Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth – including Antarctica!