Junior artistFull Time
We want you to #JOINTHEREBELLION!
For 30 years we’ve been creating incredible video games at our multiple studios, but Rebellion is more than just games. We have our own film and mo-cap studio, we create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
We operate across multiple UK locations, with studios based in Oxford, Warwick, Liverpool, and Wakefield. Work-life balance is important to us, and we want everyone at Rebellion to work in the way that works best for them. So, if you are based in the UK, we are always open to discussing how we can support flexible/hybrid working options.
We are on the hunt for a talented Junior Concept Artist to make an impact in a forthcoming, co-op strategic shooter game in development.
As a member of the Art department, your primary role will be to deliver concept art content at the highest possible standard as part of a highly experienced concept team.
- Illustrate the consistent look and feel of an entire game to a high standard.
- Ensure the artistic quality and direction of the project by collaborating with Senior Artists and make changes when necessary.
- Develop specific visual game asset concepts for construction and use in the project.
- Communicate complex concepts and designs, from high level pitches to the smallest production details.
- Track and update the progress of day-to-day tasks using the designated tracking tools.
- Communicate and collaborate with senior concept team members to confirm task direction and consistency of your own work.
- Reference game design documents to develop an understanding of the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style of the project.
- Apply best practices, production pipelines and workflows.
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop or other 2D packages.
- Good traditional fine art skills such as composition, perspective, lighting, anatomy, architecture, texture, and painting.
- An understanding of colour theory and visual story telling.
- Ability to organise your own time to complete work to set deadlines.
- Sharp focus on own professional development of your skills and knowledge.
- Able to develop resolutions to unusually challenging problems with highly creative solutions.
- Analyse data and issues whilst generating ideas through original thought.
- Able to complete work in line with the benchmarks set by senior team members.
We offer an extensive benefits package to our team including:
- 26 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing with service at 5 years – one day each year until you reach 31 days)
- Private Medical Insurance, healthcare cash plan, including dental and Vision
- Life Assurance, Income Protection & Critical Illness Cover
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Interest Free, Tax-Free loans
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- EAP a range of Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
- Plus loads more… including a wide range of discounts, freebies, and social events!
Whichever team you join at Rebellion we are proud of our open, friendly, and creative atmosphere. We love what we do, and we have fun doing it! As a big indie developer, we have complete creative freedom over our titles which allows us to work on a massive variety of projects across all the major platforms.
Find out more about us here
Our size, stability, and the variety of in-house expertise across multiple industries, makes Rebellion completely unique! We work in our own way, and we celebrate that as the key to our success. We foster an inclusive culture where you are encouraged to be yourself, to express your creativity and your talent. We are people focused and will support you in every way to can be the best at what you do. We recognise the importance of enjoying what you do and having a healthy work-life balance. We offer a friendly, creative, and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and a wide variety of benefits and development opportunities for all our teams to ensure you are fully supported with your physical and Mental Well-being.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to add to our culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas, and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We encourage all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neurodiversity and beyond, because a representative team makes better products.
If you are interested in working at Rebellion, but this role doesn’t sound quite like you, we’re recruiting for a range of positions across the studio and we’re always happy to receive speculative applications via our website. Visit our Careers website to view all our live vacancies: Rebellion: Careers