Senior Software Engineer, Tools – Overwatch (Relocation Assistance Provided)Full Time
Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities…engineers! We are the Overwatch team, passionate gamers at heart, and we’re looking for a new hero to help us make Overwatch 2 – the globe-spanning sequel to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team-based game.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Senior Tools Engineer who shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work.
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful.
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes.
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback.
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success.
- We have passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology.
This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard’s most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
As a tools engineer on the Overwatch team, you will be part of a talented and passionate team developing a world class toolset, unlocking the potential of our artists and designers to create compelling and epic features that will keep players engaged for years to come. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the challenges facing content creators and be able to collaborate closely with them to design and create workflows that empower our users. A focus on the user experience and strong communication skills will be essential to success in this role.
- Collaborate with the Design, Art and Engine teams to design and develop innovative solutions for new workflows
- Work closely with our users to iterate on usability, tool performance and stability
- Extend and refactor the existing development framework to maximize individual productivity
- Advise and mentor programmers within your areas of expertise
- Strong programming skills in C# and C++
- High level of proficiency with WPF
- Passion for tools and software development with a service-oriented attitude
- Strong code review, interpersonal and communications skills
- Passion for video games
Please note: If you feel you don’t meet all requirements but are equipped with most, we still encourage you to apply. We welcome the opportunity to open a dialog to be considered. However, mastery with WPF is a MUST HAVE for this position.
- UI design experience
- Experience with SQL databases
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.
In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $101,000.00 – $186,754.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.