Senior Build Engineer, Platform – Unannounced Survival GameFull Time
We Want You
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has created.
If you’re a passionate game developer, and, well, a good human being, then we’d love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It’s going to be amazing, and we’d love to bring you along for the ride. Together, we’ll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
We are seeking a Senior Build Engineer to help improve and own our build and deployment pipeline for our tools and services. In this role, you will be working closely with all engineering teams to help build and establish robust and flexible build pipelines, working on improving our build hosts and services, and working on establishing new initiatives to improve our processes and pipelines related to builds.
We believe our team is good. Really good. Granted, we’re obviously biased. But we also believe there are lots of developers out there who can make us even better. You could be one of those people. If you’re looking for a team where inclusion, thoughtfulness, empathy, professionalism, and collaboration are all seen as critically important, we believe our team could be a phenomenal fit for you. Join us and help craft our future!
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
We need help with
- Developing and maintaining the operational infrastructure that supports deployment and run-time management of our game-specific server services, both for on-prem hardware as well as cloud-based providers.
- Developing and maintaining internal automation, testing, and support infrastructure that the core development team relies upon for day-to-day development.
- Creating, maintaining, and extending platform libraries, shared code, and tooling.
- Fostering best-in-class internal game developer user experiences for games as a service.
- Evangelizing service-oriented architecture best practices with the goal of improving team efficiency and reducing technical barriers.
- Share ideas, solutions, processes, and best practices with Cloud and Server engineering teams and across Blizzard, to be part of innovative and exciting products!
- Championing Blizzard’s core values.
What you are good at
- 8+ years experience, or equivalent education/work experience
- Experience in developing CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins.
- Implementing automated solutions with an emphasis on building, testing, provisioning, deploying, orchestrating, and monitoring.
- Software engineering experience in one or more of the following languages: C++, C#, Golang.
- Understanding of modern DevOps practices including IaC, GitOps, and immutable infrastructure.
- Experience with load testing, observability, and monitoring of scalable service backends.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, with a strong sense of independence.
Extra awesome points for
- Understanding of current containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Leveraging and understanding application and deployment and management technologies from Cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Experience in deployment technologies such as Helm and ArgoCD.
- Experience in distributed and scalable databases, such as Apache Cassandra.
- Experience supporting a high call/concurrency live service.
- Prior game development experience.
- Multi-platform expertise (Windows, Linux, Consoles).
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to [email protected] General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.
In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $101,000.00 – $186,754.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.