Localization Audio ProducerFull Time
Job Description for Localization Audio Producer (In-Game)
At Blizzard, a Localization Audio Producer is more than just a coordinator of recording assets and information. Our audio producers have a deep knowledge and understanding of our games and the recording industry. They are passionate about helping us to fulfill our Localization Team’s mission of ‘It Feels Blizzard in Every Language’. More specifically, our Localization Audio Producers also help to make sure ‘It Sounds Blizzard in Every Language.’ If you have a passion for video games, VO recording, and captivating a global fanbase, this job may be for you. Localization Audio Producers collaborate with internal and external partners to plan the audio strategy for new game releases, to cast appropriate voice talent for each IP, and to coordinate and manage the recording process to deliver high-quality audio assets on time to our development teams. Other goals include driving continuous process improvement and identifying ways to improve the gameplay experience in each region served by our localized titles.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
- Deliver technically and artistically excellent localized VO assets on schedule.
- Collaborate effectively with internal and external partners in the recording and delivery process.
- Participate in the selection and evaluation of external partners, standard processes, and tools.
- Provide specs, guidelines, recording kits and direction to recording studios.
- Participate in the casting of actors for key roles.
- Provide creative direction and support to recording studios around the world.
- Manage scripts, localized VO and source VO during all stages of production.
- Perform technical and language checks and editing of VO assets to ensure deliveries to developmentteams are spotless and ready for implementation.
- Collaborate closely with all global internal and external audio localization collaborators.
- Assist in budget planning, supervise ongoing costs, and report on spend for audio production.
- Work experience managing the recording of interactive localized VO or with related game audio
- Drive to improve quality and efficiency through creative, practical, and collaborative solutions.
- Interest and ability to work with recordings in languages other than English.
- Demonstrated ability & experience in VO production.
- Good command of audio post processing and audio, graphics, or video editing software
- Knowledge of dubbing business practices and key partners.
- Team worker ready to collaborate with project collaborators on both production and creative goals.
- Eagerness to accept and proactively drive process improvement efforts.
- Good self-organizational skills and knowledge of project management practices.
- Skills and experience in automation technologies or programming languages.
- Experience with Blizzard Entertainment games.
- Experience shipping multiple games ranging from mobile to AAA titles.
- Experience working in multicultural environments.
- Existing network of actors, studios, and directors in the entertainment industry.
- Skills in one or more of the languages supported by Blizzard games.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.”
Disability Accommodations Request Statement
“We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to [email protected] General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.”
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.
In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $29.81 – $55.14 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.