ARC Social Copywriter – Remote Contract Role
- Your strategy is set and the final boss is in your line-of-sight!
- Do you consider the Warcraft universe your second home and have at least 3+ years of experience crafting fun and creative copy for the mobile mid-core audience? If so, you may be called upon to join the ranks of Warcraft Arclight Rumble—Blizzard’s newest mobile mid-core action strategy game! Join us on the front lines creating daily social and reactive content for TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, and more.
- At Blizzard Entertainment Copywriters are the storytellers that craft words and narratives to bring ideas to life. They are problem solvers and approach every project with rational and innovative mindsets. Together in collaboration with our cross-functional teams they bring our franchises into fresh creative territories and craft excellent original content. They care for proper spelling and grammar, but most of all, they care for the players, and will always speak to them in a way that is authentic and true to the core of our games.
On any given day you might
● Create engaging and authentic social content such as memes, captions, and storytelling
● Monitor and spot social media trends on various platforms to capitalize on reactive opportunities within our social channels
● Collaborate across the department with multiple disciplines to create the best possible execution
● Manage scheduling across platforms
● 3+ years experience writing for the web, social and marketing
● Proven ability to write reactive copy to capitalize on trends across our social channels
● Strong knowledge of social media platforms, associated media requirements and best practices
● Excellent writing skills and the ability to apply Blizzard brand values on a wide variety of projects
● An understanding of the World of Warcraft universe and passion for mobile mid-core action strategy games
● Become an expert within the Warcraft Arclight Rumble universe and gameplay
● Familiarity with the World of Warcraft universe, story and characters
● Detail-oriented with a good eye for overall output
● Is a fresh thinker who embraces challenges and new methods of solving problems
● Is self-motivated with a positive attitude, sense of humor and strong communications skills
● Remote roles must work core team hours (PST). Roles that convert to full-time employees must be willing to relocate. Full-time employment is not guaranteed.
● Experience writing for mobile strategy games like Clash Royale, Strike Force, Summoners War, AFK Arena, Marvel Snap
● Knowledge of Maya, 3Dmax, zBrush, or other 3D animation/modeling software
● Experience in the game industry.
● Experience with digital photography, and/or machinima
● Experience working in a mobile publishing organization
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
● Cover Letter should include your career goals and why you want to work at Blizzard
● Portfolio of creative work
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to [email protected]
General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.
In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $26.83 – $49.63 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.