2024 US Summer Internship – Environment Art
3D Environment Art Internship
- Pursuing an associates, bachelors, masters, or PhD and graduating April 2024 – July 2025
- Available to participate in a 12-week internship starting in late-May or mid-June
- Currently residing in the US or open to relocating oneself to the US
- Exhibits learning agility; has the ability to think differently, and/or grasp and apply new skills and concepts
- Approaches problems in a clear, well-organized, and solutions-oriented manner
- Works well with others and contributes to team tasks
- Able to effectively communicate problems, solutions, needs, or priorities
- Is engaged, seeks to learn, and is able to manage time effectively
- Candidates must apply with a resume and a link to their portfolio/reel to be considered
All internships will be conducted in-person. Hosting managers will determine when and how often interns work in the office Monday-Friday (relocation services and living stipend provided to all interns).
Potential internship location(s): Irvine, CA; Albany, NY; Boston, MA
3D Environment Art Intern
As a 3D Environment Artist, you will work closely with our team to help create compelling worlds that push the boundary of gameplay, art, and storytelling.
- Skilled in a traditional 3D modelling package like 3DS Max or Maya
- Proficient with digital sculpting in ZBrush or equivalent
- Experience with creating PBR materials
- Strong sense of composition, layout, and environmental storytelling
- Portfolio samples that reflect an understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games:
- World of Warcraft (MMORPG): Fantasy, stylized, hand-painted, colorful
- Overwatch (First-Person Shooter): Stylized realism, strong shape reads, bold color
- Diablo (Action RPG): Dark fantasy grounded in realism, gothic
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are looking for talented and innovative students to join our team for the 2024 summer. All interns will receive a meaningful project and an unparalleled experience. We’ll provide the tools and resources you need to learn new skills/technology while you collaborate with some of the best in the gaming industry. The challenging and creative work you do throughout your internship will directly impact the team you are contributing on. In addition to your day-to-day work, you’ll participate in intern exclusive Learning & Development and social events (virtual and in-person).
All internships will be conducted in-person. Hosting managers will determine when and how often interns work in the office. All interns will have the option to opt into relocation services (flights, trains, or car mileage reimbursement). Additionally, all interns will be provided a living stipend to supplement housing, utility, commuting, and miscellaneous costs.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world’s largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to [email protected] General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Subject To Eligibility Requirements, The Company Offers Comprehensive Benefits Including
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered.
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.
In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $20.00 – $50.00 Hourly. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.