Head of Brand Marketing, The Sims
Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, & storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of The Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don’t settle for seeing the world only as it is, but strive to build a world as it could be.
As we approach this storied franchise’s 25th anniversary in 2025, The Sims is looking for a Global Marketing leader who will be a single point of accountability for the brand and partner with the Franchise GM to deliver results. You will be the leader that sits at the intersection of our diverse global community, our products and services, marketing, and commercial performance. You will represent our players and lead with a data-informed approach to steer our digital entertainment offering to players across the vectors of play, watch, create and connect.
As the Marketing leader for The Sims, you will guide our overall marketing strategy, brand, and product positioning, lead innovative, integrated consumer marketing campaigns and be the decision maker for go-to-market activation.
In close collaboration with the studio, and reporting to the SVP of Global Brand Marketing, you will be an important member of the franchise leadership team. You’ll inform a multi-year franchise strategy that creates growth – anticipating addressable audience sizing, consumer needs and trends, and marketplace opportunities across platforms and geographies. You’ll partner with Product, Commercial, Growth, Communications, Finance, and partner teams in implementing and optimizing sustainable growth around the globe.
- Partner with the studio team and Franchise GM to develop the Brand Strategy
- Establish the business objectives, budget, resource allocation and investments for brand activations, including marketing campaigns, connected entertainment experiences and other industry-leading approaches.
- Develop global franchise marketing plans (incl. Community/comms) in line with the global player and revenue growth goals– this includes establishing our goals, determining resource allocation/investment direction, briefing in experts to help achieve growth and execution, overseeing project management of the campaigns and implementing persistent impact/Return on Investment analysis of our investments to maximize marketing effectiveness.
- Drive adoption and execution of marketing strategies internally by coordinating across teams and geographies.
- You will analyze marketing metrics to determine Return on Investment of marketing spend and improve marketing activities for impact to improve the LTV of our players.
- Oversee the execution of integrated marketing campaigns, including digital advertising, social, content marketing, lifecycle management, events, and partnerships.
- Recruit, develop, empower, retain, and reward contributors across the Sims marketing ecosystem.Lead partners in other organizations and across multiple geographies.
- You have 8+ years of experience managing a team of marketing professionals and partnering with internal and external partners, in implementing a clear and ambitious
- Multi-platform experience with UGX, Live Service and Lifestyle games
- Background in setting the goals for, briefing, and building end to end integrated and performance marketing campaigns for entertainment properties.
- Experience with brand expansion projects that drive new streams of revenue (e.g., merchandising, licensing, immersive experience)
- Leadership and development of bold campaigns that resonate with current and potential consumers. This may include creative consumer strategies, mass-market marketing ideas, brand marketing, and direct-to-consumer performance-based marketing activities.
- Experience in developing and/or managing partnership-based influencer marketing strategies and facilitating market research, product positioning, consumer promotion, online innovation, and creative development activities.
- Action-oriented, results-driven, leadership style with a talent for aligning across partners including team members, peers, external agencies, and executive leadership.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $193,000 – $300,850
- Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $184,250 – $271,700
- New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $184,250 – $300,850
- Jersey City, NJ :
º $212,300 – $300,850
- Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $184,250 – $252,600
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.