- Design systems, mechanics, and content from concept through implementation to completion.
- Determine gameplay experience goals for designs, and tune features to meet those goals.
- Improve designs based on input from the team, user research and playtesting, game metrics, and sound systems design practices.
- Become knowledgeable about the game and our community, drawing from our large, varied player base and our past games to make and defend intelligent design choices going forward.
- Be proficient in Maxis’ proprietary game designer development tools to implement your designs, tune, and bug fix.
- Think about the future when implementing content, resulting in smartly scripted scalable systems and good design patterns and practices.
- Find practical and creative solutions that achieve the intended player experience and fit within the project scope.
- Collaborate with all team disciplines, including artists, animators, modelers, engineers, quality assurance, and producers to get support from the team and guide a project from initial design to final production.
- Mentor more junior members of the design team and provide feedback on ways they can grow.
- Help identify gaps on the team and propose solutions for how the team might solve them.
- 4-6 years of game design experience on a video game development team.
- Experience with game development tools and engines such as Unity, Unreal, or proprietary engines.
- Implemented designs in past games using scripts, XLM / JSON, blueprints, or in an editor.
- Excellent creative, analytical, with an ability to write detailed design documentation throughout a project life cycle.
- Progressive thinking while remaining motivated to overcome challenges with practical solutions.
- Interest in pushing boundaries and telling inclusive human stories through systems and thematic storytelling
- Promote a design and get the team excited to work on it.
- Experience prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Experience using a variety of scripting solutions to implement, tune, and bug-fix features.
- Become proficient in multiple proprietary development tools.
- Design and implementation experience with game features that focus on open-ended player creativity.
- Effective at working both autonomously and in groups of different profiles.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for gaming : playing, deconstructing, and creating.
- Comfortable with long timelines within a live operations environment.
- Experience with games in The Sims PC franchise and other simulation games.
- Technical design, scripting or engineering background
- Desire to lead a vision.
- Experience with simulation games.
- Worked on a AAA HD title.
- Worked on a large team.
- Experience in LiveOps environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Comfortable with : Docs, Sheets, and Slides; Miro, Visio, JIRA, Perforce or Git, and online collaboration suites such as Confluence.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us.
We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life.
We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more.
Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.