Gameloft Brisbane , part of the global Gameloft family, opened in 2014 and since then has released Zombie Anarchy, Ballistic Baseball, My Little Pony : Mane Merge, and multi-award-winning The Oregon Trail™.
In 2022, Gameloft Brisbane was announced as the winner of the coveted Studio of the Year’ at the Australian Game Developer Awards (AGDAs).
We believe the keys to success are a great studio culture and finding a balance in everything we do, whether it’s working with great people on exciting projects or enjoying the incredible lifestyle of Queensland Australia.
We’re setting our sights on an exciting new direction in game development, embracing the challenges and opportunities of cross-platform innovation.
As pioneers in leading Brisbane’s game development landscape, we’re dedicated to crafting immersive experiences that transcend traditional boundaries and engage players across diverse platforms.
As we venture into this exciting phase, we’re also expanding our talented team to bring to life a range of unannounced projects.
We are currently looking for a VFX artist to join our Art team and take part in the production and launch of our future cross-platforms.
- Create high-quality VFX assets in the established Art Direction and implement them in games
- Collaborate closely with the Game Designer and Art Director throughout the game creation process
- Uphold and elevate the standards for the VFX quality
- Actively participating in the learning process and contributing to the development of in-house tools.
- Work with the Lead Artist to organise and oversee tasks assigned, ensuring efficient progress and timely delivery of animation assets.
- A degree in graphic arts or a related field, and / or equivalent experience of at least 5 years in the industry.
- Expertise in creating VFX in Niagara for Unreal Engine.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and After Effects.
- Capable of conceptualizing and animating a wide range of effects, from highly stylized to natural and fantastical (including tools, weapons, skills, environmental elements, atmospheric effects, creatures, vehicles, UI, and motion graphics).
- Prior experience with PC or console platforms is highly advantageous
- Self-driven with a robust work ethic, and eager to take on new challenges.
- Flexible work model
- Learning and development programs
- Private Health Insurance and fitness subsidies
- Relaxation space and massage chair
- Access to employee mental health assistance
- Additional leave including birthday, Christmas, and women’s health leave
- Free coffee from a commercial espresso machine, daily snacks and, light breakfast
- Social Friday drinks with friendly game tournaments
- Spectacular roof-top terrace with river views and a game room
- Referral program with generous bonuses
- Awesome Gameloft-themed merch
- Studio Mascot – Mr Hendricks, our friendly Dachshund who protects our studio
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
If you want to join a team that values its people and makes really cool games, we want to hear from you! You can learn more about what it’s like to work at Gameloft by clicking on the video below.
To apply online please click the ‘Apply’ button below, please include a cover letter and resume. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact the talent team at [email protected].
Gameloft Brisbane is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment.