EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining, interactive football experiences with the world’s biggest football entertainment platform, EA SPORTS FIFA, we are soon beginning an exciting new era. EA SPORTS™ FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS – as we strive to take global football experiences to new heights, on behalf of football fans everywhere.
With more opportunity than ever to innovate and create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to a global community of fans, we invite you to join us and pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS!
As the UX Design Director, you will report to the Experience Design Director, and lead a team of UX Designers to create user experiences interfaces using modern user experience practices, employ systematic thinking, and an understanding of player motivations, to deliver the best possible experience for our players. You imagine, create, direct, and inspire exceptional outcomes. You have highly developed skills as a designer and a creative leader. You believe that form and function share a symbiotic relationship.
- Advocate for design excellence, craftsmanship, and ease-of-use, in all directions.
- Broad spectrum experience in leveraging UX research and insights to drive strategy
- Evangelize and educate on the value of robust design systems that inspire higher efficiency, more consistent quality standards, scalable solutions, and repeatable patterns.
- Facilitate and lead collaboration and creative alignment with cross-functional partners.
- Direct and craft design systems that have broad reach, depth of detail, and a bias for context.
- Collaborate with a multi-discipline team to deliver innovative, intuitive and efficient user interfaces and experiences for our players
- Work with your team to develop interaction design concepts with user stories, site maps, prototypes and wireframes that illustrate user needs, site structure, flow, layout, and informational relationships
- Forge a discipline and team culture that delivers exceptional design consistently while maintaining an environment of teamwork, inclusion, and compassion.
- Attract, recruit, train, and retain the best.
- 8+ years of industry experience as a design leader and practitioner.
- Extensive hands-on and leadership skills across UX, UI, IA, and creative direction.
- Extensive skills in multi-sensory composition, mapping complex interactions across interaction design, sound and motion design.
- Architect and lead world-class, future-focused systemic design.
- Proven track record of working with and leading high-performing design teams.
- Experience working in a dynamic distributed team setting.
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.