Improbable Comedy is looking for an organized and creative individual local to Montgomery County, MD to be an Event Coordinator for our local comedy festival SPRUNG! This position is from October 15 – February 15 with the option to continue afterward. This is a freelance position that is likely to be 10-12 hours per week, with increased hours the week of the festival which is February 7 – 11, 2024.
Improbable Comedy is a live comedy production group. We are focused on high quality performances that highlight a diversity of performers and provide a great show every time for our awesome audience. We are based in Silver Spring, MD where we produce several shows per month. We have a great lineup of shows and a supportive following. We are now preparing for SPRUNG! 2024 in February 2024 and want someone to help us promote the festival, and organize the details of the event.
Schedule: Flexible schedule; some availability M-F will be helpful as we are interacting with business during typical business hours; position is from October 15 – February 15 with opportunity to continue afterward
Required availability: We have regular meetings on Sunday and Friday mornings at 8am to check in and make sure we are all on track. You will also need to be available for shows from February 7 – 11, 2024.
Location: We are looking for someone in Silver Spring, MD or who knows this area well. Much of the work can be done virtually from anywhere but some of the tasks will involve going to venues, businesses, locations or shows in the Silver Spring/Montgomery County area.
The ideal candidate is someone organized and personable with experience or comfort running a multi-day event with sponsors.
Our goals are:
1. To put on a well run comedy event over five days
2. To engage the local business community to sponsor SPRUNG!
- Coordinate details in preparation for our five day comedy event February 7 – 11, 2024
- Coordinate volunteers for the day of event
- Engage with sponsors, comedians, and venue to ensure good communication and clear expectations around the event
- Experience in event production
- Excellent organizing skills and a creative thinker
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Eventbrite, Googledocs
Thank you for your interest. It’s an exciting time to join us. This is a short term position that could grow and continue afterwards. We look forward to meeting you!
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Choose your own hours
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
We follow the venue requirements regarding masks and vaccination.
- Are you available the week of February 7 – 11, 2024 for on site show support in Silver Spring, MD?
Work Location: In person