Founded in 2010, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected.
Respawn Entertainment is the Academy Award-winning studio behind critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. As a collective of creative developers, we have launched some of the industry’s most critically and commercially successful games. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talents in the industry.
- Write technical design documents.
- Develop features that bring the vision of Designers into the game.
- Maintain and improve existing codebase and systems.
- Ensure compliance with the engineering standards, including code and script reviews.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams on ways to make Apex more accessible and fun.
- Work with Production on roadmaps, planning and sprint goals.
- Provide technical mentoring to engineers.
- Participate in team hiring.
- 7+ years experience in software development engineering on gameplay teams.
- Shipped multiplayer video game titles.
- Experience working on Live Service video game titles.
- Experience working with a large codebase, managing and improving performance and budget.
- Experience leading small teams through feature development.
- Advanced C++/C skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
“US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $130,250 – $199,400
- New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $120,450 – $199,400
- Jersey City, NJ:
º $147,400 – $199,400
- Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $120,450 – $161,750
- Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $120,450 – $188,600
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.”
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.