Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Reporting to the Brand Director, you will join the marketing team of one of our ambitious unannounced projects in the Paris studio. As a Monetization Director (M/NB/W), your daily quest will be to define a long term monetization strategy which respects the core values of the game, and creates an optimal player experience. You will collaborate with the production teams in order to prioritize monetization opportunities based on key performance indicators.
Your missions will be the following:
- Define, implement and monitor the game’s monetization strategy to maximize player conversion and revenues using Acquisition and Retention levers
- Define in-game item pricing, identify potential sales drivers, launch innovative monetization offers and features (i.e. subscriptions, virtual goods, social monetization) and optimize the monetization flow and consumer experience for the players, maintaining the integrity of the vision for the game
- Define tools to sustain your post-launch business operations
- Follow-up the quality of monetization features and content integration
- Work in close collaboration with game designers to identify, design and implement new features and items to improve user conversion, retention and monetization
- Liaise with marketing teams to develop an efficient marketing for the monetized features and items of the game
- Collaborate with BI & financial planning teams to measure, analyze and forecast the performance and revenues of the game’s monetized content
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and targets for monetization.
- Provide monetization and item sales reporting and communicate information on key performance indicators (KPIs) to interested teams
- Conduct and communicate competition and market watch to stay on the edge of the industry’s monetization practices and trends
- Graduated in Business, Management, Economics, Game Design, Marketing or equivalent, you have several years of experience in defining monitization systems,
- You have experience in videos games or a real passion for the video game industry + motivation to adapt to its (constantly evolving) rhythm,
- You have an excellent understanding of the market, player behaviour, and online gaming communities as well as acquisition, retention and monetization concepts,
- You have in-depth knowledge of the Office Suite (especially PowerPoint and Excel) & familiarity with data visualization software (e.g. Tableau),
- You show critical thinking, time management, and organizational capabilities,
- This Brand operates in an international context so you are fluent in French and English.
Joining our studios in France also means :
- Join one of the leaders of the video game industry in France that is present in 30 countries with evolution possibilities in one of them
- Work with passionate teams with great technical expertise. All of them are willing to design and create high quality, innovative games
- Collaborate with teams that are known for their strong experience of known IPs
- Build your own expertise joining our internal events (talks, salons, conferences) and benefit from our personalized training programs
As an employer, Ubisoft offers equal chances to everyone no matter their gender, ethnicity, faith, sexual preferences, handicap or age.
Ubisoft develops an inclusive workplace, doing their best to reflect the diversity or their gamer community within the production teams.
Check out to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.