At Ubisoft, we aspire to be a workplace where EVERYONE is supported, empowered and invited to join the game. We believe that by prioritising equity and inclusivity, we fuel creative endeavours and craft gameplay experiences that reflect and respect our uniquely talented game-makers and outstanding players.
As our next Animation Director, you will shape the overall animation vision for the game, in line with the creative vision, and will rally your animators behind this vision. You give them the guidance and context they need to grasp the overall style you’re trying to achieve, and then allow them the freedom to experiment and iterate.
While your animators build a world from the ground up, you keep an eye on form and function from a player’s perspective, ensuring that the look and feel of movement reach their intentions: to support the animation in cinematics, convey the narrative, create a connection, and make for an immersive, engaging, and seamless experience.
To you, it’s an opportunity to work on something new and exciting, a unique and varied role in a project that piques your interest and pushes your boundaries. You’re the kind of person who understands the value of collaboration and clear communication. You enjoy seeing your contribution to the bigger picture and value the opportunity to play a key part in an important project.
What you’ll bring
At Ubisoft, we aim to be a destination of choice for the best talent. We want people like you, who will be instrumental in driving our studios to success.
- Extensive knowledge of animation software like Motion Builder, 3DS Max and Maya.
- An understanding of the technologies available to be used in animation like IK, FK, Motion Matching and Procedural, and the pros and cons of their use.
- Ability to make a vision accessible and ensure that it is well understood by all.
- Good artistic judgment.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback in an accessible way that leaves space for the creativity of your teams.
- Basic knowledge of game, narrative design and 3Cs.
Joining Ubisoft, you’ll be part of an inclusive global brand. With us, you will build upon your ongoing success and place your stamp on the production of our games and the development of our people. You’ll have the prestige of developing and producing exciting world-class AAA games and help showcase our studios as a market leader within our industry.
With us, you will find your future in one of the strongest knowledge bases in the games industry coupled with brilliant opportunities for career progression on a critically acclaimed brand portfolio.
What we’ll provide
We put our people first through nurturing their creativity and wellbeing and the reason we continue to create engaging and compelling AAA titles that are loved across the world.
- Everything you need to keep your life in balance – hybrid working, flexible core hours, 25 days of annual leave, Christmas shutdown, and a plan that will enable you to work from anywhere in the EU for up to four weeks per year
- Life insurance, income insurance, private healthcare, an annual well-being allowance, and more
- Generous resources committed to your perpetual personal and professional development
- Investment in our community – with paid volunteering days
- Fun and entertainment – with free games, activities, and celebrations
- Generous relocation support – should you need it
READY TO APPLY?
We aim to build the world’s most distinctive and diverse gaming studio; therefore, we strongly encourage you to apply. We’d love to hear about you and your background.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections and Aaron Hooper, our Talent Acquisition Partner who is managing this vacancy:
- TA Partner:
- Linkedin Reflections:
- Linkedin Leamington: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ubisoft-leamington