Pogo has been the leader in online casual games since 1998. Featuring a growing library of 60+ titles spanning popular genres like Solitaire, Mahjong, Match 3, and more, Pogo exists to be the best destination for online casual games. We strive to produce high-quality HTML5-powered games with sophisticated metagames and social mechanics, all while working seamlessly across desktop, tablet and mobile. Our fans and subscribers come to Pogo for fresh content, daily challenges, great events, new games, and a live service that delivers!
About this Position
As a Development Director (DD), reporting to the Operations Director, you’ll drive planning and execution on a cross-functional development team to build and ship software in a live service environment. This is a leadership role that involves a high level of interaction with team members, peers, and product leadership. DD’s focus on solving problems, and making things work (or work better). You will maintain the project release schedule and support the games and live service teams for Pogo.
- Create project schedules that maximize feature quality and scope within resource, financial, and licensor constraints
- Validate task length, discipline, and dependencies
- Manage risk
- Build a capable team that looks for opportunities to operate at their potential and take pride in their accomplishments
- Keep the team informed of the schedule and changes
- Train the team on best practices, processes, and standards
- Meet commitments, hold team accountable
- Monitor level of effort and provide feedback to individuals
- Evaluate individual performance and potential of team members, provide appropriate recognition or constructive feedback
- Form close working relationships with discipline leads, provide regular coaching
- Resolve issues, balance priorities, and find creative solutions that achieve results
- Identify, assign, and track development and organizational issues to completion
- Report status at regular intervals, escalate urgent issues
- Participate in discussions with directors and studio leadership
- 6+ years in a project management role within the software development industry
- Solid foundation in project management (including Agile methodologies)
- Understanding of the software development life cycle
- Experience working with JIRA, Hansoft, or similar tool
- 4+ years in a team leadership role, with exceptional management skills
- Interest in learning and applying new concepts
- High degree of initiative, looks for opportunities to make improvements
- Comfortable presenting and working with groups
- Excellent documentation and writing ability
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Game development experience (especially full cycle experience on shipped titles)
- PMI, CSM, or LSS certifications
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $130,250 – $199,400
- New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $120,450 – $199,400
- Jersey City, NJ :
º $147,400 – $199,400
- Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $120,450 – $188,600
- Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $120,450 – $161,750
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.