We are the Battlefield Central Tech Team (BCT), the technical nucleus powering the acclaimed Battlefield franchise. BCT is home to a remarkable team of technical talent building Battlefield technology on EA’s proprietary game engine, Frostbite. We are part of a suite of global studios creating connected experiences for players in the Battlefield universe. Functioning as the conduit between time zones to propel our work forward, this team will advocate for excellence in our boundary-breaking development and will be important to the success of the Battlefield series. Because our people are the backbone and driving force of our creative products, we’re dedicated to allowing everyone to express themselves and be their best. As we expand, we’re looking to bring in a healthy mixture of talent guided by industry veterans in a hybrid studio environment. We’re here to change the game and are eager to reach back and uplift new creators. Join us.
This role is located out of the Atlanta, Georgia marketplace. Relocation may be provided for qualified candidates.
Battlefield Development Director
We are looking for an experienced project and people manager who is passionate about the technology that powers our games. You will create an environment that enables our excellent engineers, and their teams, to focus on what they are good at and support them with administrative work and production/project support. The Development Director plans time, the resources, and tracks progress working together with the other leads in the team. You will be an essential person in the daily operation of the teams you work with.
- Project & Process management
- Ensures Agile roles are understood and well-played within your team so that participation is high quality (e.g. Product Owner has a groomed backlog, the team has sprint goals, the team delivers on agreements, retrospectives have regular improvement actions)
- You always have capacity and scope clear and aligned with Backlog and velocity
- Coordinate work with us, across multiple locations, time zones and cultures
- Identify tech or tools that would benefit your team, increasing scalability and advocates for obtaining (e.g. Jira plugins, upgrades; code quality monitors (e.g. Coverity)
- Identifies and manages risks and dependencies across multiple domains or the entire project; including identifying and managing important paths.
- Utilize several risk management techniques such as a risk matrix to prioritize risk strategies.
- Team and individual management
- Manages people, aligning career and development goals with day-to-day work, plus delivering candid feedback to individuals
- Organizes and coordinates team building activities and get together (whether virtual or in-person)
- Identifies personnel conflicts and works to candidly communicate
- Change Management
- Drives and executes change management initiatives within the team. Responsible for adoption and acceptance of change within the team.
- Reporting to the Battlefield Central Tech Head of Operations
- 5 – 7+ years of project & people management experience – preferably in the tech/software development industry. Other entertainment industries such as TV or animation, are very welcome.
- Effective management of technical people: software engineers, and the resources they use to deliver delight to players.
- Leading and coaching teams in Agile methodologies (preferred: ScrumMaster certification).
- Agile development, using Scrum/Kanban/Lean
- Project roadmaps/forecasting, sprint planning, retrospectives, dependency management
- Day-to-day team and people management
- Overall project development with emphasis on team empowerment
- Risk analysis and mitigation techniques
- Project Management Tools, for example: Jira, EazyBI, PowerBI, Hansoft, Excel (create & maintain complex spreadsheets), Trello, or other project management, reporting and tracking tools.
- People management, career development, helping individuals grow through coaching, mentorship, and constructive feedback.
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.