- Job Title – Data Engineer
- Reports Into – Head of Data Science
- Location – Hybrid/ Leamington Spa
A Little Bit about Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 1 billion downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join Scathe, Die by the Blade, Robobeat, Space Chef and Wildmender.
What’s In It For You?
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office, 2 days remote/ WFH is the norm
- Flexible working hours – we trust you to choose how and when you work best
- A dog friendly office (There’s dog-free areas too, if pooches aren’t your thing)
- Profit sharing scheme – we win, you win
- Private medical cover
- Life Assurance – for long term peace of mind
- On site gym – take care of yourself
- Relocation support – available
- VISA Sponsorship – available
- Quarterly Team Building days – we’ve done Paintballing, Go Karting & even Ninja Warrior
- Pitch and make your own games on Creative Wednesdays!
- Kwalee Artificial Intelligence (K.A.I) – win prizes for proposing useful AI initiatives
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As a Data Engineer at Kwalee, you will be responsible for transforming streams of gameplay, marketing and business data into a valuable resource for Kwalee’s Data and Engineering team. You will be the primary developer of ETL processes connecting our players and datastores. You will architect and plan the best structures to deliver value to our data, product and marketing teams.
Your Team Mates
The Data Science team is central in developing the technology behind the growth and monetisation of our games. We are a cross functional team that consists of analysts, engineers and data scientists, and work closely with the larger engineering team to deliver products spanning our modern, cloud first, tech stack.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Develop, test and maintain Kwalee’s data systems.
- Support game development and internal software development projects with solid data infrastructure.
- Build pipelines to reliably deliver high quality data to applications and people across Kwalee.
- Create, manage and optimise the usage of our data warehouses.
- Work with stakeholders across the organisation to ensure the scalability and performance of our data infrastructure as our business evolves.
Your Hard Skills
- You have created complex, high volume data pipelines.
- You have at least 3 years of experience building, managing and operating SQL databases.
- You have at least 2 years of experience using Python to automate data flows and other tasks.
- You have worked in depth with cloud services, ideally AWS.
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: – Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth – including Antarctica!