Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences- all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device.We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Data Center Operations Engineer, you’ll play a critical role in helping us scale our Data Center and hardware infrastructure at a time of incredible growth for our business. At Roblox, you’ll have boundless opportunities to shape the future of the Imagination Platform™ and demonstrate your passion for delivering awesome solutions in front of a global audience. If you know what it takes to build and operate hardware infrastructure that can sustain millions of concurrent players year-round and you take play as seriously as we do, you’ll fit right into our highly-accomplished and ever-expanding engineering team.
- Develop and maintain the Data Center and hardware infrastructure solutions to meet the large scale and real-time requirements of our Imagination Platform™ to ensure our community has an awesome experience anywhere in the world. This includes all aspects of the server and network infrastructure.
- Identify and solve critical problems and prevent them from re-occurring via root cause analysis and giving recommendations to improve automation. This would include break/fix tasks related to the hardware and network infrastructure as well as opportunities to contribute to process, software, and documentation efforts.
- Create, influence, and improve the development platform, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure the goal of scalability and high availability can be achieved.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for our critical infrastructure.
- Experienced: You have at least 3 years. Extensive experience in deploying, monitoring, and maintaining servers and networking equipment. You have experience working in Linux, Unix, and Windows environments.
- A troubleshooting connoisseur: You come ready for action wielding a wealth of server and network hardware troubleshooting support; across a wide range of commercial-off-the-shelf hardware brands. Additionally, you have in-depth knowledge of data center environments, servers, and network equipment.
- Self-organization Experience: You’re excited about getting in front of complex problems, effectively organizing your work by any means possible; overcoming emergent high-impact issues and contributing to long-running projects. You are also motivated to complete tasks. Able to act on a well-defined task with manager support.
- Problem Solving Experience: You ask the right questions to solve issues within your expertise and you use data to test your theories. You are able to formulate and identify problems, generate and evaluate a variety of solutions (some of which are novel), and implement the best one(s).
- Installer: You have installed various equipment that commonly resides in the data center environment. Able to lift up to 75 pounds on some occasions.
For roles that are based at our data center in Elk Grove Village, IL: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex – Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.