Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français (“Select Language”) dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page.
Our motive is to create innovative action games within iconic worlds where every player feels like the hero. Let’s say that again-iconic worlds, where every player feels like the hero.
Our passion has taken us from imagining dogfighter pilots in Star Wars™: Squadrons, to re-creating Isaac Clarke onboard the Ishimura in Dead Space™, and now to building an original Iron Man action-adventure video game.
We believe in sharing our passion with our community, and with each other by having transparent discussions, by practicing an inclusive culture, and by nurturing a continuous growth mindset. Our approach feels simple, but it leads to the best work of our careers, and as a team, building unique and immersive experiences.
As a Technical Designer, you will be a vital connection between Design and Engineering. Working towards a mastery of Frostbite, EA’s state-of-the-art game engine that powers games such as Star Wars™: Squadrons, Battlefield™, Dragon Age™, you will learn how everything works and won’t shy away from diving into new or undocumented systems.
Technical Designer should have experience with a variety of engines and tools as well as visual scripting. Bringing your experience in video games production you should also be comfortable about learning “on the fly”.
- You will be asked to help solve problems and document the findings.
- Support and guide other team members in relation to design features and workflows; you are the first point of escalation for designers and programmers.
- Learn and maintain systems and features during production. Validating them with your leads.
- Participate in the reviews for designs, content and the game to ensure consistency, quality and compliance with performance goals, memory budgets and standards.
- Help advocate for best practices to the content team
- Communicate with your lead and teammates to set priorities and goals for your work
- With your leads track down issues or improvement areas and implement novel solutions
- Experience in technical design processes, content creation, engines, tools and pipelines.
- Experience with game engines like Unreal, Unity and other 3d game engines.
- Experience collaborating with a team
- Some experience in scripting or visual scripting would be an advantage.
- You have an understanding of code and experience bridging design and engineering practices.
- Experience in cross disciplinary collaboration and bridging between creatives and engineers.
- Interest in modern game design trends and how they function.
- Games industry experience shipping titles is an advantage, as previous experience in a Technical role but we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.