EA Austin, TX, US or (Remote North America)
Most companies call it HR. At Electronic Arts we made the deliberate decision to brand our organization People Experience (PE). It is not just a play on words, PE is a team of cultural stewards who carefully create programs and talent strategies that directly impacts our teams’ experience and enables our People to achieve the most meaningful work of their careers
We are responsible for recruiting the best diverse talent on the planet and supporting their growth through learning programs, internal mobility, affinity group participation, and leadership development. We listen to our employees and dive into analytics to anchor our recommendations and decisions to keep engagement high. Last but not least, we’re responsible for a total rewards strategy that incentivizes equitably, provides outstanding benefits, and ensures a safe and inspiring workplace for our teams.
EA’s Compensation team manages our core compensation programs and provides consultation to our PE partners and business leaders. We stay at the forefront of market trends and combine our knowledge of market practice with the needs of our business to create compelling, competitive, performance-oriented compensation programs that attract, engage, reward and retain EA’s talent.
We are looking for a developing Compensation Analyst who will partner with all members of the global team on organizational and employee-level projects. The role is open to being remote in the USA/Canada or in one of these EA’s North America locations (Vancouver, Seattle, Austin, Los Angeles, Orlando).
You are a growing compensation professional who can support compensation programs and internal client related work. You will report to the Manager, Comp Programs and support the Global Compensation team in the management of our compensation programs. You will also partner and support important project activities and compensation programs within our annual Global Compensation calendar, and manage ad-hoc and ongoing needs and requests.
You will partner with experts from a team of PE Business Partners, HRIT, IT, Global Compensation team, and PE Centers of Excellence (e.g. Talent Acquisition; Talent & Performance; Next Gen Talent; Workforce Planning & Analytics).
- Support the global compensation team and broader PE team in the implementation, operation and governance of compensation policies and programs to support EA’s strategy.
- Help support a successful execution of the focal annual compensation planning event (salary increase, bonus payment and stock award planning and delivery).
- Create market pricing activities including job matching, data analytics, and job pricing, including analysis and design of geo tiers
- Analyze market positions and develop salary increase budgets.
- Participate in relevant compensation surveys, and other vendor-led external events / forums, for bench-marking purposes, and to stay informed about market trends and their potentially applicability to EA’s programs.
- Help analyze the current compensation programs for intended outcome and effectiveness.
- Build and conduct compensation-related training and guidance materials to support PE teams and people leaders.
- Look for opportunities to improve processes and service levels for all work assigned
- Foster good working relationships with peers and partners while growing in a matrixed environment
- Other responsibilities and activities.
- Minimum 1 year prior background in the compensation field
- Required: Bachelor’s degree; preferably in a quantitative or business-related field
- Knowledge of compensation principals, programs, salary surveys & structures
- Desirable progress towards industry certification i.e. CCP
- Excellent Excel skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and data modeling / analytics capability. Need good presentation skills to help digest analytical data in an easily understandable format
- Experience in compensation programs (some or all of: job evaluation and benchmarking; job and pay architecture; short term incentive program; annual salary increase / bonus payment cycle).
- Handle sensitive PE information with high degree of confidentiality
Experience in the following is desired, although not required:
- Outlook, BetterComp, Workday, Google Suites, Slack, SuccessFactors
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $78,500 – $119,650
- New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $73,150 – $119,650
- Jersey City, NJ:
º $84,750 – $119,650
- Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $73,150 – $97,500
- Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $73,150 – $105,250
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.