Communications Lead (UK & Ireland)
The future of entertainment is interactive, and our Marketing team plays an important role in this future by building content, culture, and community around our brands. We empower audiences to Play, Create, Watch, and Connect across our amazing franchises and experiences, including The Sims, Madden NFL, EA SPORTS FC, Apex Legends, and Battlefield. We’re a multi-functional group, with world-class expertise in building fandoms, driving interactive storytelling, and positioning our franchises at the center of the broader entertainment ecosystem.
The Corporate Communications team, which sits within the Brand, Communication and Impact Team, delivers purpose-driven narratives, stories, experiences and thought leadership spanning our games, studios and company to build trust, loyalty and meaningful action with our diverse audiences. A list of specific responsibilities and qualifications for this role can be found below. You will report to the Director, Global Corporate Communications (Campaigns)
- Be an active participant in the cross-functional collaborative team responsible for creating and driving franchise campaigns and program development for UKI.
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with key outlets and driving proactive storytelling
- Manage the reporting and analysis on the results of communication activity and provide commentary for senior management
- Lead on local issues, manage local messaging and provide timely responses to media requests
- Manage and drive the local communication agencies to deliver best in class communication campaigns which hit our objectives and targets audiences
- Collaborate with EA’s UK&I creator and social managers to deliver engaging content
- Manage all UK&I speaking opportunities requests from across the business and work with internal stakeholders to sign these off
- Work seamlessly with a worldwide team to manage priority issues and announcements
- Work closely with EA partners, including industry bodies and opinion leaders, to drive the EA narrative
- Partner with the Employee Communications team to support UKI internal activations as needed
- Collaborate with the events team to ensure UKI events reflect both our brands and our brand values
- Help manage the local communications budget and agency resources in partnership with the local brand team and with oversight from the International Integrated comms leads to achieve aligned KPIs and objectives.
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to present new ideas effectively
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Able to focus on multiple tasks and effectively set priorities
- Knowledge of the UK games industry and understanding of the issues surrounding the sector
- Network of contacts across gaming and mainstream media and influencers.
- Passion for playing video games and desire to immerse yourself in EA titles.
- Demonstrable experience working with media, online communities, and social media influencers to create stand-out content
- Exemplary writing, grammar, and content-creation skills in all formats
- Up to date understanding of application and integration of industry tools for monitoring and reporting across all social channels.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- A dedicated, self-motivated, detail-oriented team player who is quality-driven
- Bachelor Degree (or similar) in Communications or Marketing a plus, but not essential
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.