PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play – it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Build Engineer (Hybrid)
As a member of PlayStation Studios QA Engineering Services, you will work directly with peers regionally and globally to support our amazing studios in development of their next hit titles. Specifically for this role, you will be hands-on in-studio to coordinate. deploy and maintain the development build pipeline.
PlayStation Studios QA Engineering Services is a highly-skilled, passionate team that lives, sleeps and breathes technology. We are a truly global function, and your peers are located all across the world, ensuring continual access to support, advice, and moments that truly matter.
Although there is some hybrid flexibility, we require someone with the ability to regularly commute to our offices in Bellevue, Washington. This is not a remote role.
As part of PlayStation Studios, the Quality Engineering group act as the strategic partner to AAA studios and specialize in generating productivity improvements across the software development life cycle with innovative, customers centric services, tools, and processes.
- Implement agreed game build pipelines to support title development.
- Ensure reliable build delivery to studios, QA staff and partners.
- Provide timely, relevant reporting to title build stakeholders.
- Perform maintenance and advancement of reporting and metrics gathering processes.
- Monitor and track per-title development progress using JIRA and other relevant tools.
- Ensure automated tests run reliably on game builds.
- Create and maintain tests to ensure accurate test results.
- Ensure that bugs are reported promptly and accurately.
- Build and maintain reports on build health and performance.
- Develop tools that provide QA productivity enhancements.
- Represent title status, progress, risks, mitigations to the team and title stakeholders.
- 1+ years working in an industry build engineering or equivalent role.
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve relevant hardware and software issues.
- Experience with Perforce, GIT, or equivalent SCM tools.
- Experience with Jenkins or equivalent CI/CD tools.
- Experience with PowerShell, Batch, Bash, or equivalent language.
- Experience working in agile project environment
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Broad interest in the games industry
- Experience of testing and test automation
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$105,800 – $158,800 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.