Welcome to Timbre!
We are Timbre Games (part of the Sumo Digital Group), a new studio in Vancouver, Canada focused on making exciting, innovative game experiences. Timbre’s vision is to change the games industry through the original games we make, as well as how we make them. We’re building an inclusive, supportive culture that allows us to explore fresh, new (and sometimes weird) ideas. We’re searching for more visionary explorers to join our team of diverse voices, coming together to develop games that are accessible to a wide audience.
If you’re thinking about your next adventure, send us your resume to talk to our team about how you can add your voice to the games we’re working on.
Engineering at Timbre Games
An Engineer at Timbre games will focus on creative, innovative and technically sound work. Our engineering team is fully integrated with all areas of game development and collaborates both technically and creatively. Our studio focuses on Unreal Engine 5, pushing everything we do towards technical excellence. We are lifelong learners, leaning on both internal expertise and external inspiration to continue our path of growth and development. We have a keen eye for best practices and elegant code, and ensure knowledge sharing, and mentoring are a priority.
Welcome to the heart of gaming innovation! As a Build Engineer at Timbre Games, you’ll be at the forefront of crafting the magic that powers our gaming adventures!
You’re here to ensure that our game development journey flows effortlessly, enabling our dream projects to reach players worldwide with unparalleled quality. You’ll be the architect of efficient build and release pipelines, using automation to make every day feel like a power-up moment. Your expertise in version control systems and CI/CD practices will be the backbone of our success, and your dedication to optimizing performance will ensure our games run smoother than a perfectly executed combo move.
Join us in creating not just games, but also a legacy of mentoring, innovation, and industry-leading best practices that redefine the gaming landscape. Your technical acumen, creativity, and collaborative spirit will shine brighter than ever in this dynamic environment.
As a Build Engineer at Timbre Games, you’ll:
- Oversee the conception and implementation of meticulously designed build and release pipelines for our game projects, emphasizing automation for repetitive tasks and the optimization of build efficiency
- Implement and maintain our Unreal-oriented CI/CD processes to automate testing, deployment, and distribution of game builds across different platforms
- Develop tools to monitor build farm health and enhance the overall productivity of the team
- Research new approaches and optimizations to discover best practices in this domain
- Support our development and QA teams by ensuring the smooth and stable delivery of binaries across multiple platforms
- Collaborate with our passionate teams of engineers, artists, and designers, bringing the vision to life
- Write beautiful code (C++, Shell scripts, Python, etc.) that is clean, clear, performant and aligns with coding best practices
- Support our studio culture and values by mentoring other engineers on best practices and learnings
What you bring:
- Senior level and above expertise as a Build Engineer within multi-platform game development (PC, Console) or a related field, showcasing your depth of knowledge and proven track record
- Experience with: Perforce or similar SCM systems; Unreal Engine’s build and automation toolset – UBT, UAT, BuildGraph; deployment of build infrastructure in the cloud (i.e., AWS, Azure)
- Creator of Clarity: You bring a perspective that clears the path for our development teams. Your expertise in Perforce, TeamCity, and Unreal Engine ensures that our build and deployment pipelines are crystal clear, enabling our teams to focus on what they do best: creating exceptional games
- Visionary Explorer: Your experience as a Build Engineer has honed your ability to envision the future of game development pipelines. You’re not content with the status quo; instead, you constantly explore innovative solutions and cutting-edge technologies to propel us forward in the industry
- Diversity Champion: You are passionate about fostering diversity and inclusion within our industry. Your commitment to creating an inclusive and equitable work environment aligns with our values, making you an advocate for diversity and representation in the world of gaming
- Pursuer of Fun: Above all, you are a pursuer of fun, as passionate about gaming as we are. You understand that the ultimate goal of our work is to create joy and excitement for players. Your enthusiasm and commitment to delivering enjoyable gaming experiences drive your dedication to optimizing our build processes
What you’ll gain:
Timbre aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
- Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short / long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
- Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
- Flexible paid time off, plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada, utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
- 1 year gaming subscription and weekly gaming days
- My Pathway – a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Timbre
- 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
- A values driven culture with direct access to leadership
Timbre’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre Games is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Timbre Games but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing – in this world and the ones we create!
At Timbre, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our General Application inbox on , or, to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!