Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™, and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at .
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Accurately translates emails, technical documents and bugs between Japanese and English and in both directions; provides cultural context to translated emails, documents and bugs
- Chooses the equivalent expression in the target language that fully conveys and best matches the meaning intended in the source language (referred to as congruity judgment)
- Manages various communication tools and database and contributes to improve usability and efficiency
- Performs written and verbal translations related to software development including bug logs, daily correspondence, design documents, market research and white paper testing
- Creates translation workflow manuals and updates accordingly to department changes
- Provides interpretation for multi-party conference calls for up to three hours with short notice
- Receives briefings or prepares through reading and study on subject to be discussed prior to interpreting session
- Acts as liaison with Japanese developers and assists in scheduling and planning
- Actively engages in ongoing process improvement as well as personal development
- Prioritizes assigned work
- Maintains a detailed knowledge of testing policies, guidelines procedures and QA workflows
- Coordinates with internal and external groups on project management and short to long-term planning
- Performs all job responsibilities in strict adherence to corporate prototype security policy and procedures
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external contacts
- The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- 1 to 2 years of related experience required
- Two years of translation experience
- Native level in verbal and written communication in English and Japanese
- Intermediate to high level of proficiency in MS Office applications
- Excellent understanding of Japanese business culture and etiquette
- Extensive knowledge of video game software/hardware and industry
- Excellent verbal/written communication and relationship-building skills, problem-solving and cross-function collaboration
- Interpretation experience strongly preferred
- Multi-tasks under pressure in a fast-paced, highly confidential environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- (Lotcheck ) MemoQ experience strongly preferred
- AA or higher in Language, Communication, Business, or equivalent
- Passport required
This position is hybrid in Redmond, WA. Hybrid positions require regular onsite work following the schedule and guidelines for their division. This position is not open to fully remote status at this time.
This position includes a base pay range of $28.96 – $43.44 per hour, potential for a semi-annual discretionary performance bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and paid time off. Please see our for more benefits information.