Gameloft Brisbane, part of the global Gameloft family, opened in 2014 and since then has released Zombie Anarchy, Ballistic Baseball, My Little Pony: Mane Merge, and multi-award-winning The Oregon Trail™. In 2022, Gameloft Brisbane was announced as the winner of the coveted ‘Studio of the Year’ at the Australian Game Developer Awards (AGDAs).
We believe the keys to success are a great studio culture and finding a balance in everything we do, whether it’s working with great people on exciting projects or enjoying the incredible lifestyle of Queensland Australia.
We’re setting our sights on an exciting new direction in game development, embracing the challenges and opportunities of cross-platform innovation. As pioneers in leading Brisbane’s game development landscape, we’re dedicated to crafting immersive experiences that transcend traditional boundaries and engage players across diverse platforms. As we venture into this exciting phase, we’re also expanding our talented team to bring to life a range of unannounced projects.
As an Audio Programmer, you will be responsible for the sound and music development process for our games, establishing pipelines and workflows for collaboration between Gameloft Brisbane gameplay and Gameloft audio creation teams from around the world and working with exciting licenses!
- Prototype, implement, optimise, document and maintain cutting-edge interactive audio systems with Unreal Engine
- Work closely with gameplay and sound designers and producers in the creation of detailed feature specifications
- Collaboratively work with design and art teams to implement audio requirements for cinematic with Unreal Engine
- Take ownership of audio features implementation and audio assets pipelines to collaborate with external parties
- Able to rapidly prototype as well as produce the final code
- Write clean, robust and reusable code and create documentation where required
- Debug, diagnose and fix code and audio issues
- Independently use documentation and guides to complete work or overcome impediments
- Take active role in providing time estimates and task breakdowns
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Strong knowledge of C++
- Strong understanding of audio concepts and their application in interactive entertainment
- Experience with Wwise, FMOD, Miles or Unreal Engine Audio System
- Effective communicator with great interpersonal skills
- Experience with SVN, Git, Perforce or other version-control systems is advantageous
- Flexible work model
- Learning and development programs
- Private Health Insurance and fitness subsidies
- Relaxation space and massage chair
- Access to employee mental health assistance
- Additional leave including birthday, Christmas and women’s health leave
- Free coffee from a commercial espresso machine, daily snacks and light breakfast
- Social Friday drinks with friendly game tournaments
- Spectacular roof-top terrace with river views and a game room
- Referral program with generous bonuses
- Awesome Gameloft-themed merch
- Studio Mascot – Mr Hendricks, our friendly Dachshund who protects our studio
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
Please submit your CV, cover letter or portfolio (if applicable).
You can learn more about what it’s like to work at Gameloft by clicking on the Video below.
Gameloft Brisbane is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment.