As a live service product, the sun never sets on Pokémon GO. Whether it’s an in-game event, an in-person event, a new feature, a new legendary Pokémon in Raid Battles, or a Team GO Rocket takeover, there’s always something happening for Trainers to enjoy.
Niantic is looking for an Associate Producer to help manage the localization pipeline in Pokémon GO. In this role, you’ll work closely with the broader Pokémon GO team and Niantic Localization Program Manager to deliver in-game strings to players for new events and game features. You’ll ensure that Trainers around the world are able to enjoy Pokémon GO, and work closely with our development team and external partners. The ideal candidate is tech-savvy, has an existing passion for Pokémon GO, and is able to balance multiple responsibilities with minimal oversight.
- Manage localization efforts through all stages of production and development across Pokémon GO team.
- Drive new language support in Pokémon GO.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams and external partners and vendors to ensure localization quality.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to cultivate strong working relationships with project team members, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Identify and resolve process gaps in localization processes.
- Document localization process for broader team knowledge.
- Maintain processes for managing scope and quality during the project lifecycle, improving quality and performance standards and assessing risks.
- Assign and monitor resources to ensure project efficiency and maximize deliverables.
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels and escalate issues, as necessary.
- Required in-office 2 days on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or a technical discipline.
- Strong project management and organization skills.
- Familiarity with project management in Jira.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- You’re a fan of the Pokémon franchise.
- You have experience with Localization QA.
- You have experience working with Git.
- You have Japanese language proficiency.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $93,000 – $103,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantics global-scale augmented reality platform and digital map powers spatial computing experiences in the real world. Incubated out of the Maps team at Google, Niantic first created Ingress and then Pokémon GO, a cultural phenomenon and hit game played by tens of millions of people each month. Niantic’s Lightship platform, which powers Pokémon GO, also supports the companys other games including Pikmin Bloom, Peridot and Monster Hunter Now. Developers use Niantic’s platform to build their own AR applications and experiences, either with the Lightship Platform or directly through the web with 8th Wall.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
Were a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Kansas, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
- Project Management
- Project Management Life Cycle
- Stress Management