Assistant Manager, Merchandise
Square Enix America – El Segundo, CA
$24.04 – $28.85 Hourly
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Merchandise
Reports To: Senior Manager, Merchandise
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: El Segundo, CA
Square Enix Merchandise Department is looking for an Assistant Manager with a focus on sales to handle various aspects of business and a lead role in distribution vendor and ecommerce items management.
- Work with the team to handle the following:
- Have bi-weekly calls with distributors and various retailers to gather various information including but not limited to inventory status, market conditions, and product trends.
- Establish new relations with distributors to help expand our business relations.
- Assist in the creation and upkeep of ecommerce webpages for various products.
- Assist Tabletop lead to provide monthly summary reports based on bi-weekly distribution calls stated above. This should include notes on sales, events, and customer/community feedback.
- Assist in customer support cases for merchandise and tabletop products working with other cross functional teams.
- Participation in business and consumer events such as San Diego Comic-Con, New York Toy Fair, and other events to showcase Square Enix merchandise. Weekend availability and travel may be required.
- Taking lead role in handling the following:
- Solicit upcoming product releases. This includes compiling the product information and assets, sending to various distribution partners, and collecting and logging their purchase orders for processing.
- Work with the sales team and domestic warehouse to coordinate vendor shipment
- Knowledge and high interest(s) in toys and figures, tabletop gaming, and hobby genres.
- Four-year degree in business, marketing or communications from an accredited university is preferred, but not required.
- Two years of sales experience as a coordinator or above in a similar role.
- Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator skills are plus.
- Domestic and International shipping and freight knowledge are a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Accountability & Independence
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Effective communicator
- Impact and resourcefulness
- Planning and organizing