Blizzard VideoJob Title: Animation Assistant Editor, Blizzard Video – Temp (SFD / Cinematics) Requisition ID: R022640 Job Description:
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented Temp Animation Assistant Editor for its Blizzard Video team. Blizzard Video is the video and post-production arm of the Story & Franchise Development team. We exist to engage, inform and activate the global Blizzard community through the creation of epic video content.
The Animation Assistant Editor position is a crucial support role – it’s an integral part of a fast-paced environment, offering an opportunity to support and elevate a high performing editorial department, while also helping to diagnose problems and offer solutions. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, with attention to detail and a willingness to learn alongside a growing and talented team. talented team.What You Bring to the Table:
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Work alongside the animation editorial team by organizing, tracking, and cataloging animation shots and sequences.
- Prep, track, and deliver files to and from other departments, such as Integrated Marketing, Sound, Motion Graphics, Localization and game teams.
- Successfully and accurately deliver final materials, including correct formats, labels, slates, languages, etc. to clients.
- Prepping projects from templates and managing workspaces on shared storage.
- Provide project media support via ingest, outputs, and organization.
- Recognize, troubleshoot, and solve technical problems independently.
- Help maintain a shared media storage environment by archiving / organizing media.
- Help maintain an archive library of past video projects and materials using our asset management software.
- Generate accurate documentation and co-managing Blizzard Video’s wiki and data library.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The home studio for this role is Irvine, CA. It is a 12-Month temporary position.Minimum Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a professional post-production environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and the Adobe Production Suite applications.
- Extensive knowledge of advanced video compression techniques and associated software packages.
- Knowledge of animation post-production workflow.
- Knowledge of current industry-standard post-production workflows and organization.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
- Ability to work well with deadlines and quick project turnover.
- Strong communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Knowledge of and passion for Blizzard games and/or video games in general.
- Knowledge of post-production specific hardware.
- Knowledge of Digital Asset Management software.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to [email protected]. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.Our World
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $29.81 – $55.14 Hourly. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.