Welcome to Timbre!
We are Timbre Games (part of the Sumo Digital Group), a new studio in Vancouver, Canada focused on making exciting, innovative game experiences. Timbre’s vision is to change the games industry through the original games we make, as well as how we make them. We’re building an inclusive, supportive culture that allows us to explore fresh, new (and sometimes weird) ideas. We’re searching for more visionary explorers to join our team of diverse voices, coming together to develop games that are accessible to a wide audience.
If you’re thinking about your next adventure, send us your resume to talk to our team about how you can add your voice to the games we’re working on. Art at Timbre Games
We are visionaries, sculptors, painters and landscapers of virtual worlds. Together, we breathe life into creative concepts and ideas while defining experiences and quality. We collaborate with multiple departments to establish our vision, and absolutely light up as we watch it all come together. We are utilizing advanced tools and technologies to shape our vision of building diverse and accessible AAA games.
As an Animator at Timbre, your ability to bring a wide range of characters to life will have a large impact on Timbre’s games. Using your passion and understanding of keyframe animation, you’ll deliver a unique, fun and responsive player experience on a family-friendly ARPG. Working closely with our diverse team of Designers and Artists, your talents and contributions will help bring the worlds we create to life! As an Animator at Timbre, you’ll:
- Create character and quadruped animations, implementing and testing them in Unreal on some of our world’s iconic characters!
- Participate in team brainstorms and playtests to break down requirements and give feedback that enhances the player experience
- Explore the boundaries and creative potential of Unreal 5 to deliver an accessible, inclusive game
- Work with a cross-discipline team to help resolve animation bugs, scope work and improve tools and pipelines
What you bring:
- A solid understanding of keyframe animation using Maya
- An animation reel of digital projects and games that showcases quality, diversity and clearly breaks down your previous work
- An understanding of Unreal Engine and 3D game development pipelines
- Professional Animation experience in the game industry
- A collaborative and open approach to communication: you are experienced in delivering clear, concise and solution-focused messages, that are easily understood by a cross-discipline team
What you’ll gain:
Timbre aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
- Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short / long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
- Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
- Flexible paid time off, plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada, utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
- 1 year gaming subscription and weekly gaming days
- My Pathway – a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Timbre
- 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
- A values driven culture with direct access to leadership
Timbre’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre Games is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Timbre Games but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing – in this world and the ones we create!
At Timbre, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our General Application inbox on our careers page, or, follow Timbre on LinkedIn to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!