Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to nearly 500 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
As our new Animation Director (f/m/d) at Ubisoft Düsseldorf, you will shape the overall cinematic and gameplay animation vision for the game, in line with the creative vision, and will rally your animators behind this vision. You give them the guidance and context they need to grasp the overall style you’re trying to achieve, and then allow them the freedom to experiment and iterate.
What you will do:
- Set animation direction for gameplay and cinematics
- Communicate expectations of the artistic vision to the team
- Feedback and validate the work carried out by the various teams to ensure that quality objectives are met
- Ensure the project’s direction is followed by working in close collaboration with the Producer, Technical Director (TD) and the programming team
- Help plan the work in collaboration with the production team who oversees planning
- Direct the actors during gameplay mocap sessions to follow the artistic vision and optimize the production of the animators.
What you bring:
You are a motivated and team-oriented Director, dedicated to the craft of Animation. You find the team’s achievements to be motivating and can supervise a team of like-minded people by providing feedback and support whenever needed. Your experience from directing a team allows you to solve problems and organize an effective workflow. We want people like you, who will be instrumental in driving our studios to success.
- Expert knowledge & passion for gameplay & technical animation on AAA video game productions with a proven track record of shipped titles
- Professional experience in supervising/directing a team
- Ability to make a vision accessible and ensure that it is well understood by all.
- Professional experience working with State Machines and Blendtrees
- Experience working in Node-based (Animation) systems, such as Blueprints (Unreal) and Mecanim (Unity)
- An understanding of the technologies available to be used in animation like IK, FK, Motion Matching and Procedural, and the pros and cons of their use.
- Excellent understanding of 3D workflows and most common software platforms (Motion builder, Maya, etc.)
- Ability to learn and understand the game engine animation system’s strength and weaknesses
- Attention to detail
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- Please provide a portfolio with examples of your previous work/projects – be sure to check the link is working when applying
What we offer:
- Relocation support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance
- Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy: We offer multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops, and access to our training and development platform as well as to our in-house library
- Discounted and free games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect
- Hybrid work model: Provides the flexibility to combine working from the studio and your home within Germany
- Monthly Mobility Budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month
- Company Pension Scheme: We offer an attractive company pension scheme
- Gym subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice
- English and German online lessons for free: Good to know: Our main language in the studio is English
- 26 days paid vacation per year
- Corporate Benefits web portal: Employee discount program for affiliated retailers, shops, and service providers
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability, or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our players’ community.
For further information, please check https://duesseldorf.ubisoft.com/en/.