- Commutable to their Windsor office 3 days a week with 2 days a week from home
- Great opportunity to work for leading gaming brand, Nintendo
About Our Client
Michael Page are delighted to be partnering with Nintendo to offer an exciting opportunity for a National Account Manager to join their market leading business.
Nintendo is an international leader in the interactive entertainment industry, and develops, produces and markets software and hardware. Our games and our TV-linked and mobile consoles set the standards in terms of games fun and challenging, family-friendly entertainment.
The goal of our work is to make people smile. We inspire our customers around the world with professionalism and new ideas, and it’s our goal to expand the number of people who have access to the characters and worlds from games created by Nintendo.
Nintendo has been producing video game systems and games for over 40 years, including the Nintendo Entertainment System, Game Boy, Wii and Nintendo 3DS family systems. In 2017, our decades of gaming experience came together in one console: Nintendo Switch, a system that can transform to suit your situation, allowing you to enjoy games anytime, anywhere, with anyone.
Over the years, Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 750 million hardware units. This is thanks to the iconic characters that Nintendo has created, among them Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Link and Princess Zelda, Pokémon, the Inklings and many more.
You will be mainly responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with key UK retail accounts to increase sell-in and sell-through of Nintendo Switch and other related Nintendo products.
As a National Account Manager, you should be organized and able to analyse key performance metrics as data is at the heart of all decisions we make. We also expect you to have good negotiation skills and the ability to foster relationships with across multiple business functions and levels.
Ultimately, you should be able to facilitate communication with customers and build long-term relationships to achieve business goals.
The National Account Manager:
- To manage & maximise a selection of Nintendo UK’s National Accounts
- To do so, respecting company culture (Sell Through vs Sell in, PDCA & importance of data, stock control risk management.)
Manage selected retail accounts from a ‘day to day’ perspective, including:-
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders at each account
- Weekly preparation and review of stock and sales reports
- Communication of stock allocations
- Sell in of new releases
- Ensure adequate stock cover of back catalogue / evergreen titles
- Be first point of contact for all account related inquiries (internal & external)
- Appropriately managing sales promotions in a fair and equitable manner
- Be fully immersed in PDCA process comparing Sell in & Sell Through always focused on internal ‘stock management’ mantra
- Respond to ad-hoc tasks from General Manager / Head of Sales.
The Successful Applicant
The National Account Manager:
- A proven track record working within a retail background either in a National / Key Account Executive / Manager role or buying role is essential
- A background in gaming / consumer electronics is useful but not essential
- A clear and effective communicator, both verbal and written
- An ability to work collaboratively with both internal & external key stakeholders
- Excellent sales & negotiation skills
- Basic knowledge of UK gaming industry & market trends
- Planning & organisational skills with a high level of task prioritisation
- Understanding of retailer data contextualisation and its application to the market
- An above average competence of all Microsoft Office applications
- Proactive attitude
- Ability to multi-task whilst maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Ability to build trust with others and manage without authority
- Great interpersonal skills
- Drive for results, with problem-solving approach
- Educated to graduate level
- Commutable to their Windsor office 3 days a week with 2 days a week from home.
What’s on Offer
- Competitive basic salary
- Car allowance
- Other company benefits
Please note Michael Page are handling all applications, if you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPRE102023-6203727Z
Closing Date: 15/11/2023